Gallery Moos was opened by Walter Moos in May 1959 at the corner of Avenue Road and Davenport Road in Toronto. Early in 1963 it moved to Yorkville Avenue, becoming one of the first arrivals in what was to become a significant gallery district of the city, and subsequently prospered there for some 30 years. In July 1992 the gallery moved to its current location at 622 Richmond Street West.
The Master Print and Drawing Society of Ontario (MPDSO) is the first independent body of specialist collectors of prints and drawings in Canada. Founded in 1985 by Sidney Bregman and Katharine Lochnan, the Society first came into existence as the Master Print and Drawing Society, and operated as a non-profit educational association that provided special assistance to its members with problems unique to collecting. The Society is officially affiliated with the Art Gallery of Ontario, but is an independent organization belonging to its members, and through its Board of Directors determines its objectives, policies and activities, requirements for membership, selection of new members, and the composition of its executive. The executive consists of the President, Vice-President(s), Secretary/Treasurer, and Directors. The President has primary responsibility for determining the Society's activities, making arrangements for lectures, tours, and other special events. Since 1989, the MPDSO has been supported by the Fraser Elliot Foundation in fulfilling its mandate to represent the collective interests of its members in seeking out the expert advice of scholars, curators, and visiting lectures to contribute special assistance with collecting master prints and drawings from the 15th to the mid 20th century.
The Burlington Spectator was published as a section of the Hamilton Spectator [Ontario, Canada] between 8 September 1986 and February 1988. Its launch on 8 September 1986 followed the takeover and closing of the Burlington Gazette which had been published since 1896. Originally published six days a week, the Burlington section began to appear less frequently. Its office at 534 Brant Street was closed in 1988 and remaining staff moved to the Spectator offices in Hamilton.
Wilfrid Laurier University Women's Association (1960-1993) was a social group for female faculty and administrators as well as the wives of faculty members of Waterloo Lutheran University (now Wilfrid Laurier University) in Waterloo, Ontario. Its purpose was to welcome new members, develop social events and foster member participation in University and community affairs. The group was established under the name of Faculty Wives, which was changed to Waterloo Lutheran University Women's Association, and later to the Wilfrid Laurier University Women's Association.
APT Environment is an environmental organization in Elmira, Ontario, that is interested in the Chemtura Canada Company, formerly Uniroyal Chemical and Crompton Company. Since 1941 the plant has undergone various name and ownership changes. From 1966-2000 the plant operated as Uniroyal Chemical, from 2000-2006 as Crompton Company, and on July 1, 2006 formally changed its name to Chemtura Canada Company.
In 1986, Uniroyal Chemical Company was formed as a subsidiary of Avery Inc. Then, in 1989, Uniroyal Chemical Company Investors Holding bought Uniroyal Chemical Company from Avery and became Uniroyal Chemical Corporation. In 1996, Uniroyal Chemical Corporation went public and merged with Crompton & Knowles. In 1996, Uniroyal Chemical Corporation went public and merged with Crompton & Knowles. In 1999, Crompton & Knowles merged with Witco to form Crompton Corporation. In 2005, Crompton acquired Great Lakes Chemical Company, Inc., of West Lafayette, Indiana, to form Chemtura Corporation.
The Department of Anatomic Pathology of Women's College Hospital was officially established in 2006. In 1920, pathology was part of the Department of Laboratories under Dr. Vivian Marvin Laughlen (1920-1945) as the Chief of Laboratories. Dr. Laughlen was followed by Dr. Eva Mader MacDonald (1945-1952); Dr. Alice Gray (1952-1980) and Dr. Ali H. Qizilbash (1980-1981). In 1981 the Department of Laboratories was divided into 2 new departments: the Department of Clinical Laboratories and the Department of Pathology. In 1981 Dr. Lynn From (1981-1992) was appointed Chief of Pathology, followed by Dr. Weded Hanna in 1992 (1992- ). In 2006 the Department of Pathology was divided into 2 new departments: Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology.
In 1946, under the Department of Medicine, Women's College Hospital established its first formal dermatology program, an outpatient clinic that was held twice a week. That year, Dr. Ricky Kanee Schachter was appointed Head of the newly formed Division of Dermatology. Under her leadership the program expanded to include the Phototherapy Education and Research Centre (PERC), launched in 1976. After Dr. Schachter's retirement in 1985 the Department operated under the leadership of the the following Heads of the Division of Dermatology: Dr. Colin Ramsay (1986-1990); Dr. Gary Sibbald (1991-1993) and Dr. Lynn From (1993-2000). In 1991 the Ricky Kanee Schachter Dermatology Centre was launched at Women's College Hospital. Today the Dermatology program is comprised of three main components:The Ricky Kanee Schachter Dermatology Centre; Dermatology Day Care and Wound-Healing Clinic and the Phototherapy Education and Research Centre (PERC).
The Division of Ophthalmology began at Women's College Hospital in the 1910s as a weekly eye clinic held in the Outpatient Department. In 1941, a Department of Ophthalmology was formally established with Dr. Mary Albertson (1941-1969) as its Chief. In the late 1950s the Department of Ophthalmology was re-established as a division of the Department of Surgery. Today, the Division of Ophthalmology is still active at Women's College Hospital.
The Department of Psychiatry at Women's College Hospital was established in 1961 under Dr. Lois Plumb (1961-1973), Chief of Psychiatry. Prior to its establishment, the hospital retained a psychiatrist on staff through the Department of Medicine during the 1950s. Following Dr. Plumb, Dr. A.G. Swayze (1973-1974) was appointed Acting Chief of Psychiatry in 1973 and was followed by Dr. G. Anthony Ives (1974-1984), Dr. Howard E. Book (1984-1995), Dr. Peter Nynkowski (1996), Dr. Barbara Dorian (1997-1999) and Dr. Anthony Levitt (2006- ).